Friday, August 24, 2012

Bunko 4

Well, it was Bunko night again.

Gretchen had me wondering what her big news was - My guesses were either that she was going to be a grandmother (the first of us)  or she had her encounter with JLo.  When I saw Brian at work yesterday, I didn't want to ask him and ruin the surprise.  The big news is that Scott got engaged. So now Gretchen is planning the bachlorette party in New York City next summer.  Congrats to Scott from all of us.


Kathy's new addition is gorgeous.  It was well worth all of the work that went into the design and construction.  She has the wonderful knack of decorating too.  I know she shops alot of TGMaxx and finds beautiful things for her house. Me- I can never find anything.  We decided that most of us are creative-vision deficient. We need everything to be put together and on display for us to see its potential use and charm.  Kathy has these great pieces that all look wonderful in her home.  I definitely think that Kathy should pursue a career as a professional stager.

The winners, which surprisingly I was not one, all enjoyed their gifts - again a creative gift from Kathy.

The conversation was energetic as usual.  Most of us have kids going back to school and college. So some of us will be depressed the next few weeks. Even though Gretchen says she's got a beer ready when she throws Brian out of the car today, I know she'll be missing him!

Next night will be at Terry U's, the queen of extreme crafting.   Until then....




Until next time, when I continue the rantings and ravings of a mom of an
American Dream Family.....

2 comments:

  1. OK; I admit it; as I walked around my empty house today I kept waiting for Brian to tell me he is hungry; It was bitter sweet dropping him off this morning; I envy all the young men and women who have their whole lives ahead of them; all their hopes and dreams and my wish is that each and every one of them get what they want. I am so excited for both my sons--Scott and Ashley planning their lives together and Brian walking around the streets of the South Side looking for a party!! Best of luck to all of our amazing children; looks like we all did something right even with all of the mistakes we made thru the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said! And hopefully, they won't have to go to therapy because of us.

    ReplyDelete