Friday, April 13, 2012

Friends

Even though Joe and I are good friends,  we enjoy our other friends too.  Let's face it, the testosterone in our house can be overwhelming. Even Snowy, our dog, is male. I don't always want to hear about guy things. And they definitely don't want to hear about girl stuff.

A few months ago, we started a Bunko group. Most of us had never played Bunko but it sounded like a good time to eat, drink and chat with one another.  Many of us were newly empty nesters, with our last child heading off to college. Last night was Bunko night and we had a good time laughing.  Instead of Bunko, we played a game that was about TV trivia. For me, the problem was that it was tv from the 60's and 70's- Alot of Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore questions. I don't remember too many details about those shows. Mom never wanted us to watch TV. She always told us to go outside and get the stink blown off of us!!  Gretchen was the bomb! She knew that most random answers to questions and was the big winner of the night. I, although I didn't have the lowest score, was pretty close to the lowest.  I think we all need to watch the TVLand channel before we play again.

Fran raised the bar for the rest of us who haven't hosted yet. Loved the wine theme, with the hand painted wine glasses.

But it wasn't really about the game or the score. It was about the laughter (and there was plenty of it - especially at my ridiculous answers), the food, and really, the friendship.

   Until next time, when I continue the rantings and ravings of a mom of an
American Dream Family.....

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out; to my not as good TV people--try Comcast channel 207 --ME TV--has reruns of Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke and That Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog. I look forward to our "Bunko" nights, so much fun to just get together, laugh and enjoy each others company. It is so healthy to laugh, wspecially with all the stress of our everyday lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo. Finally comments. I was starting to think that I was blogging to cyberspace with no one listening.

    I agree. It's great being able to laugh with a group of great people. I'll be sure to watch Channel 207 before the next match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, do you still have Bob's phone number? LOL

    ReplyDelete