Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Babies

I guess because both of the boys birthdays are this month, I find myself thinking about when they were little. Yes, just because they are both 6'5" now, they were at one point small.  When they were born, they were 9#6oz and 9#12oz, so to some people, they weren't little then either. I remember our pediatrician telling me that they would be bigger than their dad and he was right.

The night Nate was born, he and I sat in the bed, talking about the future. I told him that he could be anything he wanted when he grew up.  I also told him that he was going to be an only child for a long time.  Somehow our minds push past the "unpleasant" memories of childbirth, and 3 years later, Colby was born. I remember having a similar conversation with him that evening, but it was that he was always going to be the youngest, and he was!

People often ask why I didn't have a third child and try for a girl.  I always know I'd have another boy, which would be fine.  But Joe always had a theory. You couldn't have an odd number of kids because of the amusement park theory - The third would always be odd man out so you'd have to have four kids.  I told him if he wanted more kids, he could but to another wife. 

Me and pregnancy didn't work well together. The morning sickness, or in my case, all day long sickness, made it difficult to enjoy life.  I worked full time when I was pregnant with both boys. Everyone knew that if I wasn't at my desk, I was sick. I still tried to be at work everyday.

But I love my boys and would do anything for them.  In church on Easter, I was thinking how nice it would be to have a baby in our family again. But, Boys, I'm not thinking anytime in the near future!!

                                                      Nate's First Easter





                                                     Colby's First Easter

Love you guys!


         Until next time, when I continue the rantings and ravings of a mom of an
American Dream Family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment