Friday, June 8, 2012

Refunds

I was in DSW shoes last week and bought a great pair of boots on sale for more than 50% off and a purse for a function we were attending. I really didn't like the purse but thought I'd get it anyway in case I didn't find something I liked better.  And of course, I had a coupon. Actually it was a $10 rewards coupon. 

I decided to return the purse the next day. The cashier informed me that I would not be getting my entire purchase price back but less part of the reward coupon or $4.70 less.  I said her that it was ridiculous since the rewards coupon should have been taken off the bottom line not a % if each item. She told me that in the future, if I think I might return an item, I should ring the purchases up separately.

While I was in line, I was talking to the next customer, who also had a return. She agreed, saying that had she known the return policy, she would have had the cashier ring her items up separately.  Being irritated at the entire situation, I pondered returning the boots at a later date, but figured I'd spend $5 in gas to prove a point which the company really has no plans of changing. 

I could understand if it was a coupon for a % off of purchase, but when it's a rewards coupon, it's more of an incentive for you to buy.

I  emailed DSW my opinion, and surprisingly, weeks later, I heard back from them.  They stated that it was an individual store policy and I should talk to the store manager.

Another lesson learned.

Until next time, when I continue the rantings and ravings of a mom of an
American Dream Family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment