Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Beach 2

This weekend was World Ocean Day. I thought the photos on the site were very interesting. It makes you think about how our actions effect the environment.

plastic in ocean
Hundreds of thousands of sea turtles, whales and other marine mammals die every year from eating discarded plastic. Broken down bits of plastic the size of a fingernail are floating across thousands of miles of open ocean, and are ingested by fish, birds and other animals. Love the ocean and reduce your plastic consumption. See the following for more pictures and the remaining article
http://www.completely-coastal.com/




If you enjoy the beach, you might like this website too. Check out the stores on the site. They have some really neat and funky beach items.  I might be spending some money decorating. There's a lot of craft ideas also. I have some ideas that I think I'll be making.  Too bad I don't have a summer Bunko night because I think I know what the theme would be.

Thanks Crystal for sending me the link.

Talking about crafts, I saw that TLC is going to have a new show - Crafters Wars.  Really- that was my idea. I think we should all nominate Terry U to be on the show. I would be willing to be her assistant. The blurb on TV didn't show too much but I would be curious to see what the show is all about.


  Until next time, when I continue the rantings and ravings of a mom of an
American Dream Family.....


2 comments:

  1. I am always up for a summer theme no matter what time of the year. It keeps me motivated, thinking of the sand between my toes, the sun on my face and a frozen drink in my hand. Great link. See you at bunko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree. Something about knowing that you'll be going to a sunny, warm place gets me through the dreary Pittsburgh weather. Just wish I had more places to put really neat beachy decorations!

    ReplyDelete