Monday, March 19, 2012

Single women wanted

Single women wanted for reality TV show where you will have the opportunity to bare your body, treat other women horribly, and get to compete to find the love of your life with a man you've never met.

This was one of the first reality shows. I never understood how women could have such low self-esteem to put themselves in these situations.  Do they really think that they will find the love of life after a week and a few "dates" with the chosen bachelor? How can you be so heartbroken if you don't receive a red rose? Or do they think this is could be their big break into show business?

Honestly, I think I watched this show when it was first on many years ago. Now, I just see the segments for the advertisements. Obviously, I wasn't a huge fan. Although I don't consider myself to be a women's libber, I do think shows like this demean women and diminish everything the generation before us had fought for. It's seems to come down to cat fights and backstabbing for attention.

Do I believe love at first sight? Yes, actually, I do.

Joe and I met, were engaged, and married within a year. Do I believe its that way for every couple? No I don't.  I think that with many couples, it takes time to develop a relationship. Way more time than a few "dates", with the camera crew watching everything you say and do.  As compared to regular life and dating, you meet 100's of people throughout your life, not just 24 pre-picked women.   I would like to think that there are things more important like someone's personality or character to determine if they are the love of your life, because the first "cut" of girls is mostly based on looks and appearance, as well as why they were pre-picked.

I guess for reality TV, it is entertaining, but not very realistic.

Until next time, when I continue the rantings and ravings of a mom of an
American Dream Family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment