Thursday, February 2, 2012

Music

Since I was in my early teens, I listened to Classic Rock music, even though back then it wasn't known as "classic". Several years ago, I decided that I had been listening to the same music for 30 years, so I started listening to some of the other radio stations. About 4 years ago, Nate decided that he liked country music. Even though it was one kind of music I had never really listened to, I learned that I really enjoy it. Granted you have to get past the party songs about red plastic cups and Jose Cuervo. Also the songs about how she/he left me, the dog left me, etc.  But let's admit it, girls, as a scorned female, wouldn't you want to take a Louisville Slugger to that guy's favorite car or truck.

What I like is the basis of county music songs. They are about loving and appreciating the ones you are with. Be glad that you get to wake up in the arms of the one you love. Be happy of the family time, both good and bad, that you get to spend together. You get through the bad times. It's just life. Enjoy your kids.

But when you get up in the morning, be thankful for what you do have. As Kenny Chesney says, don't blink or you'll miss life.

No comments:

Post a Comment