Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Drivers #1

Why are drivers so bad?

We walk Snowy almost every day. Since we live on a busy road, we walk him on the back streets. People use those back streets as a cut through so they can avoid the main road. But what those people don't think about is that is our neighborhood and that people live there.

Yesterday, Snowy and I were out for a walk. There are no sidewalks and the lawns and grass are wet and muddy. I try to keep him out of the really muddy areas because he is so furry and we try to keep him as clean as possible.

What I don't understand is why drivers are so unobservant. We were walking on the street, side by side. Let's face it - Snowy is the size of most humans. There was a car coming at us and a school bus coming from behind us.  Instead of slowing down or speeding up so all four of us didn't pass at the same time, the car coming at us decided to pass us at the same time the bus did. I ended up jumping into a muddy, wet lawn and shoving Snowny in also. I, being the calm person that I am, had to yell at the car driver for being so stupid.  Would she have passed us like that if I was pushing a baby stroller? I would hope not because I'm sure someone would have gotten hurt.

So the next you are driving down a road and see people walking or running, think about them and how your actions will affect them.

Until next time, when I continue the rantings and ravings of a mom of an
American Dream Family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment