Monday, January 23, 2012

Why a Blog?

When I decided to start this blog, I received different types of  responses.  Some people thought it was a great idea and wanted to know more. My oldest son, Nate (alias), asked if it was some sort of mid life crisis.

To be honest, I've wanted to do this for a long time. A year or so ago, I watched the movie "Julie and Julia". It was about a girl whose idol was the famous chef, Julia Childs. She decided to make every recipe in Julia Child's famous cookbook "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" within a year's time and started a daily blog.  It talked about the ups and downs of her project, how it affected her life, and sometimes, whether or nor anyone was even reading her blog. The idea fascinated me.

"Just an American Dream Family" is about life, love, family, and adventures of a normal family chasing the American Dream.

If my blog makes you smile or laugh; inspires a conversation; realize you have those same thoughts; or makes you look at life in a different way, then I've done my job.

Please feel free to comment. I'd like to know people are reading out there!!!



      Until next time, when I continue the rantings and ravings of a mom of an
 American Dream Family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment