Thursday, January 19, 2012

Who am I?

Who am I and why I am starting this blog?

I have what I consider a normal American family.   In the times of extremes and reality shows, I think we all need to be reminded that it is OK to be normal.

Who am I?
  • I am a happily, married, 50-something woman and  I have been married to the same man for over 27 years.
  • I have two boys in college. Both go to private, Catholic, liberal arts universities. The oldest is a Senior math major and the youngest is a Freshman business major. Luckily they are both on academic and athletic scholarships.  Being athletes, they both play lacrosse for their colleges.
  • I am a college graduate. Between the help of my parents, student loans (which have been long paid off) and various part time jobs (none of which where in the Adult Entertainment industry), I graduated with a BS in Accounting in 3 1/2 years.
  • We have one dog, a 2 yr old, 150 pound Newfoundland.  We were never pet people until 2 years ago, but that's a blog for another day.
  • My husband and I consider ourselves entrepreneurs. We have tried several business ventures.  My husband owns a contracting company, and I work for/with him.  I am the receptionist/secretary/girl in the office- depending on the day and whose calling.  We also dabble in real estate.
  • I am not an extreme couponer, I don't hoard, and I obviously only have two children both of which were planned.  We don't have any unusual hobbies that consist of weird weapons, looking for gold in the Klondike, or dancing.  But I do have an idea for the next extreme reality show  (to be revealed at a later date).
  • I enjoy spending time together as a family, as often as possible; Having dinner together every evening when the boys are home and sometimes, meeting them 1 hour away at college to have dinner during the week;  Talking to the boys, via conference calls, almost every evening ; Snow skiing and snow mobile riding in the winter and the beach in the summer.
  • Everything that we do have we have gotten through hard work. Nothing has ever been given to us.So you ask, why should I return to read your blog?


    Well, as Matt, a friend of my son's says, its always an adventure with our family. You never know how it is going to go. You may have an agenda when you wake up in the morning, but it always changes. There are days that dinner is like a Seinfeld episode, with the most random of conversations. We've been known to be in a tornado while on a boat at the shore, have home improvement horror stories, have tried to help our employees in many ways, have been instrumental in starting community based, grassroot efforts, and have filled our life with many wonderful people along the way.

    So please return to read the rantings and ravings of a mom of a Just American Dream Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment