Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pink Ribbon Month

We all know that it's Breast Cancer Awareness month so I'm going to put my two-cents worth in and tell everyone to schedule their mammograms. (OK guys- you can stop reading here!!)

The doctors say that you should schedule your first mammogram by age 40, if there is no family history to do so earlier.  I waited until I was 45 to have my first and shouldn't have waited so long.  Long story short,  after multiple mammograms, sonograms, biopsies and surgery, everything was benign, but it was a long 3-4 months to get those results.  Every year, when I schedule my appointment, I always have the "what if" thoughts. Yes, I've had further biopsies over the years, but they say early diagnosis is the best, so call today!!



Until next time, when I continue the rantings and ravings of a mom of an
American Dream Family.....

1 comment:

  1. So sorry--I never knew you went thru all that; glad all is OK!!

    ReplyDelete